Tuesday, December 30, 2014

a year


It's been that long ... Plus a bit more! In a new country, a new culture, a very different set-up, with a new little person in our family, for just over a year.  We left what we were familiar with. We left our friends and family and moved to a different set of friends and family. It has been an experience. There were some bumps along the way. Although it wasn't an unwelcome change for me, we've all had to adapt. And things like that take time. But for now, I'm happy to feel more settled. I've found some lovely new things. I've found some lovely familiar things too. The most surprising thing of all, is that I seem to be finding myself more and more. I guess that's how adventures go! 



We've had new experiences but we've also had picnic iftars by the sea just like we would have in Jeddah!




My parents visited Algiers. It was wonderful to have them here but I was so new here back then, I'd just had a baby AND my husband had to go back to Jeddah ... yes two days after I gave birth!

My aunt also came over in the summer. 






I'm pleased to be knitting and crocheting again. I want to knit and crochet ALL the things! Especially for my one-year old.





In fact, we were inspired by others, such as Ines, to start up our own little craft sessions! Need I mention that much tea and coffee is drunk and much cake is eaten at these weekly, knitty, hooky sessions? Lots of chatter is thrown in too! And one of the best things about having craft-y friends is that they make wonderful things for you (and your baby)!








It's extremely cold here these days. 



Summery days went on for quite a while but then December brought plenty of rain and the kind of weather that has you bundling up before heading out. Better still, you might want to just stay under the covers with hot drinks! Perfect weather for knitting up things to keep everyone warm. 























I've been wearing this cowl to death this winter. I received it in a swap and just LOVE it! 



And oh was I excited when I received it all the way from America and I got post from my family in Malaysia (goodies for baby)!



If you'd like to read more about life in Algiers, you might like to read this and this, where my friends blog all about their lives in this crazy, quirky, place!

I do hope you've all been well this past year and faring well during the winter (if it is indeed winter where you are)!

4 comments:

Jodiebodie December 31, 2014 at 6:58 PM  

Happy New Year! I was so happy to see a new post from you. It was great to see your photos of your darling little one, your crochet work and of your surroundings. I am not familiar with your landscape or climate so I appreciate your descriptions of your seasons together with pictures. 2014 was a big year. I hope 2015 is great with more crochet time! Cheers, Jodie

Sketched Soul January 3, 2015 at 3:58 AM  

As-salaamu'alaykum sis,
WOW...LOVE all the pics, tabarak'Allah. So happy to see you're enjoying things.. and back into knitting (tea and cake is always good too...LOL)
Sorry I haven't visited your blog in a while - I'm trying to get organized once again, update mine, and read others peoples - miss them!

xx

Anonymous,  January 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM  

Your pictures are freaking gorgeous! Ah, I am so jealous!! Mashallah. Loving the baby clothes and welcome back to the blogging world!

RoyalShe July 29, 2015 at 5:09 AM  

This has been a lovable read <3 Asalaamu alaikum :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP